Welcome to PD in a Box
PD in a Box is a free and confidential online portal for all NSW Mayors and Councillors to assess your capabilities and create a personal and professional development plan.
PD in a Box is based on the Local Government Capability Framework that describes capabilities in terms of observable behaviours so that everybody knows what is expected of them and others. It is designed to support you and your council to meet new laws for ongoing professional development for elected members.
How does it work?
- Click on ‘Assess my capabilities’ to complete a self-assessment against the capability framework. This is a confidential opportunity for you to identify your strengths and areas for development.
- Review your results, compare them with previous assessments that you’ve completed, and ask a colleague to complete an assessment too.
- Please be assured that your individual self-assessment results will not
be shared with anyone.
- PD in a Box will generate options for you to consider for your development plan. These will include simple things you can do, ways to learn from others and structured learning programs.
- Add or delete activities from your development plan before submitting it to your Council for review.
- Your Council has an administrator to receive your development plans. This might be your General Manager, Director of Corporate Governance or Learning and Development Manager.
- PD in a Box allows you and your Council to keep track of your development and update progress.